Director of Alumni Affairs and Engagement
Job no: 492606
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
The Director of Alumni Affairs and Engagement will provide supervision and administrative support by planning, directing, and implementing a comprehensive alumni relations program that reaches out to all the university’s constituents, including alumni, parents, students, faculty, staff, retirees, and friends of the university while serving as liaison between the university and its alumni.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Director of Alumni Affairs and Engagement is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive Alumni Relations program designed to increase alumni engagement and support the university's strategic plan.
- The Director will build stronger ties between alumni and the university, accomplished by a wide variety of programming.
- The Director will Serve as a liaison between the University and the South Carolina State University National Alumni Association (SCSUNAA) by coordinating, planning, and attending meetings and events of both the SCSUNAA and individual chapters annually.
- The Director will plan and implement class reunions and alumni activities related to Homecoming, Founders’ Day, the Alumni Convention, and Commencement. Successful alumni relations and lifelong engagement will be partially measured through increased support of the annual fund, goals around donor participation and retention, participation of leadership volunteers, participation of students in pre-alumni activities (in coordination with Student Affairs), and increased on-campus presence of alumni attributed to alumni programs and outreach.
- The Director will develop and implement a pre-alumni program to involve all students and to plan and promote philanthropy among the students.
- The Director enlists, engages, and trains teams of volunteers committed to fundraising.
- The Director assists with coordinating alumni programs, including but not limited to, events, activities, fundraising opportunities, and various alumni recognition activities.
- The Director provides metrics related to alumni, activities, donors, and donations.
- The Director manages a process for ongoing alumni class reunions which includes Homecoming, Alumni Weekend, Founder’s Day, and other events.
- The Director facilitates ongoing, consistent, professional communications between the University and its alumni including the leadership and memberships of SCSUNAA, and serves as a conduit for alumni communications.
- The Director works closely with the Advancement Leadership Team to plan and implement the annual fund program.
- The Director will provide direction and advice to the SCSUNAA in establishing best practices for fundraising and special events.
- The Director will perform all other duties assigned.
Minimum Requirements for Entry into Position:
- A bachelor’s degree is required
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position:
- A master’s degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
- Must have the ability to work successfully with multiple constituencies- both internal and external
- Must demonstrate successful outreach ability and skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the principles and methods for the operation of a successful comprehensive alumni program.
- Must be familiar with the principles of fundraising.
- Must have a working knowledge and demonstrated ability to use various computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, Raiser’s Edge, Banner).
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must possess exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to be flexible and able to travel extensively including weekdays and weekends.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Full-Time Position Unclassified Salary commensurate with Experience
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend