Project Coordinator II /eLearning Instructional Designer & Training Coordinator
Job no: 492579
Work type: Temporary Grant-P14
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
Manages a comprehensive training program for faculty and students at the university. The incumbent provides online course development services for faculty teaching online.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with faculty on the design of hybrid and fully online courses to ensure courses are following quality standards for higher education online course design.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and other subject matter experts to build fully online courses.
- Serve as instructor for the university's online teaching certificate course.
- Review and evaluate online courses to assess compliance with Quality Matters standards.
- Create online training resources for students and faculty related to distance education and instructional technology.
- Conduct workshops, presentations, seminars, and other training activities for students enrolled in distance education courses and faculty teaching online.
- Develop a consistent schedule of faculty workshops, webinars, short courses, and other professional development activities aimed at developing faculty skills and knowledge in the use of various academic technologies, online course design, and online pedagogy.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and resources; adapt methodologies based on measured outcomes.
- Oversee the maintenance of participation records for attendees completing departmental-sponsored professional development activities.
- Prepare monthly activity and statistical reports on faculty development activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in education or related field.
- Experience in planning professional development programs for faculty at the college level.
- Experience in instructional design and online course content development.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (Blackboard).
- Prefer candidates with a Quality Matters peer reviewer certification or knowledge of the QM rubric.
- Exceptional understanding of college-level teaching, instructional planning, and learning assessment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines.
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), computer, Internet, and web conferencing platforms (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc).
This position is P-14 Grant Funded
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend