Admissions Operations Technology Assistant
Job no: 492554
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
South Carolina State University's Division of Enrollment Management is seeking to hire an Admissions Operations Technology Assistant. The selected candidate will report to the Executive Director of Enrollment Management Technology to aid with technology-supported solutions in the Division of Enrollment Management. This position is an integral member of the enrollment team and will assist the Executive Director of Enrollment Management Technology with workflow and enrollment management operations, across all units associated with the enrollment process, with a commitment to superior internal and external communications and ongoing efficiencies and effectiveness, applying a high degree of organization and attention to detail. The Admissions Operations Technology Assistant will assist in managing enrollment data, communications flow, and operations through SLATE, the university’s customer relationship management (CRM) tool, and BANNER. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker who can support admissions, recruitment, and financial aid strategies. This position will also collaborate with other key areas outside the division such as Graduate Admissions, SSRP, and academic departments in the absence of the Executive Director of Enrollment Management Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in routine maintenance of the CRM (Slate Technolutions.)
- Learn to develop CRM (Slate) automation, report writing, query building, import creation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of systems/platforms.
- Assist in appropriate quality control for accurate delivery of business operations and processes.
- Assist in processes for data importing, data integrity, application management, project management, and quality control.
- Provide tech and Slate support for current staff.
- Plan for and lead the implementation of all new Slate components that position the university to stay up to date with recruitment and maximize the utilization of Slate.
- Assist in creating/updating queries and reports used by staff that support the daily functions of the Admission & Financial Aid Offices and provide for weekly, monthly, and annual benchmarking.
- Extract data as needed for reports and research by leadership within the Admission and Financial Aid Offices as well as other areas of the university.
- To achieve enrollment goals, assist in creating and managing Slate communication campaigns, mailers, interactions, workflows, and related Slate properties.
- Act as a resource for all PC staff when dealing with Slate issues and correcting problems
- Perform data clean-up and other tasks that keep Slate running effectively and provide the data necessary for recruitment and reporting weekly.
- Monitor and test messages to ensure effectiveness and work with the Executive Director of Enrollment Technology to implement changes to strategy to produce improved results throughout the recruiting cycle.
- Assist with analytical data reviews for web pages, e-mail, mail campaigns, FAFSA Frenzies, Admissions and Student Success incoming student events, and campus tours.
- Assist in creating campaigns for admissions social media channels including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, etc. Assist in the creation of print collaterals such as brochures, postcards, flyers, etc. working closely with the Marketing and Communications Team.
- Identify, research, and write student stories for dissemination through websites, social media, e-mail, and print to promote the University brand.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director of Enrollment Management Technology and the Marketing and Communications Division for external digital marketing partners/vendors for student recruitment campaigns and oversee the execution.
- Assist in the creation of all external communications including information sessions, event presentations, and tour guide scripts. Work closely with the events committee to ensure that all event communications (save the date, invitations, event reminders, and post-event communications) are written and deployed.
- Take direction well and play a positive role in fostering a collaborative team environment.
- Be a “problem solver” and take the initiative to identify what’s not working and provide recommendations to advance the offices.
- Must possess a willingness and ability to work and succeed outside of a conventional work week, which may include weekend and evening hours.
- Travel and recruitment are required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Technology, Computer Science, or a related field. Associate degree required.
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of higher education in admissions/enrollment-related positions or higher education administration.
- Experience (2-3 years preferred) in admissions/enrollment-related positions or higher education administration with responsibilities for Customer Relationship Management and Student Information Systems (Slate and Banner preferred.)
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend