Job no: 492533
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach
SC State University Athletics Department is seeking an Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach. Under the direction of the Head Women’s Volleyball Coach, the selected candidate will be responsible for assisting in all facets of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) Division I women’s volleyball program in accordance and compliance with NCAA, Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) and South Carolina State University policies and procedures.
The Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach will be responsible for but not limited to assisting with the overall volleyball operations including team travel, recruiting qualified academic student-athletes, providing a safe and challenging environment that will develop physical, mental, and personal abilities of student-athletes, coordinating team practices, and assist with promotions of the Women's Volleyball program.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Playing and/or coaching experience in volleyball with knowledge of rules, strategies, and game statistics.
- Knowledge of MEAC and NCAA rules and regulations
- CPR/First Aid Certification or ability to obtain upon hire
- Strong communication skills to work effectively with diverse student-athletes and prospective student-athletes.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Education, Sports Administration or a related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of collegiate coaching experience
- Collegiate level/ Division I volleyball playing and/or coaching experience
- Experience working in a leadership role and/or recruiting responsibilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of VolleyMetrics, DataVolley, University Athlete
- Prior experience with skill instruction, team, and game preparation
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend