Job no: 492522
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
Categories: Human resources
The Department of Family & Consumer Sciences, College of Agriculture and Family & Consumer Sciences is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This individual will serve as the administrative assistant to the Office of the Chairperson and provide administrative support to the department. The position requires detailed office management skills as he/she will be responsible for building management and oversight of the department. The successful incumbent must be able to work independently, is expected to possess computer skills, and provide assistance in the fiscal, personal, and operational management of the department. The individual also supports the related divisions and units to maximize the fulfillment of the College’s mission and goals. A suitable candidate must be fully committed, maintain integrity, be efficient, and effectively support the Chairperson.
Minimum Requirements for Entry into Position:
1. Ability to use current computer equipment and programs being used by the department including but not limited to; Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Calendar, etc.).
2. Advanced Excel knowledge including charts, and budget spreadsheets.
3. Familiar with both Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS X systems.
4. Knowledge of Application Navigator, Banner, and DocuSign.
5. Ability to clearly communicate effectively in oral and written form, possess strong problem-solving skills with the ability to monitor own work for accuracy and thoroughness.
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position:
1. Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Previous work experience in a collegiate environment preferred (at least 3- years).
This job description is only a summary of typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend