Women's Assistant Coach- Assistant Recruiting Coordinator
Overall Scope: Assist with preparing women's basketball student-athletes for personal, academic, and athletic excellence which in turn translates to team & program success. Responsible for adhering to all Department and University policies and procedures, as well as the rules, regulations, bylaws, and interpretations of the MEAC Conference and NCAA. Continue to help foster and enhance relationships within the South Carolina State Athletic Department, University, and surrounding communities.
Assistant Recruiting Coordinator:
· Establish a working list of top recruits in addition to a position-specific list.
· Call, text, e-mail, post and write prospects and coaches; record all recruiting action. Knowledge and compliance with NCAA rules and regulations are required.
· Maintain a large recruiting database of prospective student-athletes, and high school and AAU coaches, with an emphasis placed on updating information and creating reports specific to the needs of the coaching staff.
· Adept at utilizing social media, familiar with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, etc., and
being able to effectively implement and/or post ideas to aid in the recruiting process.
· Attend high school and club basketball games during the season, visit high schools to meet with recruits, call and write players and record recruiting “in person days”.
Coaching/ Player Development Responsibilities:
· Coach assigned basketball focus/position.
· Assist in developing, teaching, and instructing the student-athletes in the proper basketball skills & techniques, during practice, competition & conditioning sessions.
Minimum Requirements for Entry into Position:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position:
Collegiate Coaching experience is preferred.