Instructor of Music Industry - Non Tenure Track
Job no: 492445
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
SC State's Department of Visual and Performing Arts is seeking an Instructor in the Music Industry. The duties of this position involve teaching, advising, creative work, and service to the department, school, and university community. Teaching responsibilities include courses in music technology, commercial composition/arranging, recording studio techniques, and supervision of the required internship program. Other courses assigned by the department may include performance instruction, aural skills, or other classes depending on the candidate's qualifications and department needs.
In alignment with South Carolina State University's mission, we welcome applicants with direct expertise, and cultural competence who are committed to issues of diversity, global engagement, and care for/solidarity with people from vulnerable and marginalized communities. Candidates who have experience working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences and can contribute to the departmental ethos and campus climate of inclusivity are encouraged to apply.
The Music Unit serves multiple students in courses each semester; thus, actively serving the University, Orangeburg, and surrounding communities through educational and performance events. Applicants should be eager to work in an evolving, trend-setting HBCU environment that fosters faculty collaboration and student engagement both inside and outside the classroom.
The Academic Teaching Fields require the following from an accredited college or university:
* Master’s degree in music; significant professional experience working in commercial music; commitment to excellence in teaching.
• Expert knowledge in commercial music pedagogy from a producer, composer, or performer perspective.
• Experience with commercial music and studio software platforms.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
A record of successful teaching at the university or secondary level;
• A record of successful business activities achieved relative to the Music Industry
• Depth of knowledge and experience in African American music and other vernacular genres;
• A profile capable of attracting students to South Carolina State University;
• Evidence of professional creative work, publication, and curricular innovation.
• Ability to explain and demonstrate industry standards in a compelling and instructive manner.
• Ability to work well with students of varying abilities.
• Ability to assess student learning.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend