Job no: 492421
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
SC State University located in Orangeburg, South Carolina is seeking a Law Enforcement Officer III to work within our Campus Police Department.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
The right candidates as Law Enforcement officers have to be able to execute sound judgment in the proper application and interpretation of laws and regulations. The candidate must conduct criminal or administrative investigations or directs the activities of other law enforcement personnel.
- Investigates alleged or suspected violations of law. Conducts surveillance and performs undercover assignments. Develops and uses informants to obtain information.
- Conducts background or other administrative investigations. Interviews witnesses and suspects. Apprehends and arrests suspected criminals.
- Performs general police work such as maintaining order during emergencies, participating in manhunts, and providing executive protection. Testifies in court and other legal proceedings.
- Keeps records and makes reports regarding activities. Plans direct and coordinate law enforcement activities within the designated area of responsibility. Executes orders from superiors. Explains orders, messages, and decisions to subordinates; advises subordinates of changes in laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Reviews activity reports submitted by officers to determine if areas are adequately patrolled; recommends changes that will increase the effectiveness of law enforcement operations.
- Patrols assigned area to determine if subordinates are performing their duties properly; initiates actions to correct any deficiencies. Supervises and evaluates law enforcement personnel.
- Trains law enforcement personnel on how to properly perform their duties. Investigates complaints about the activities of law enforcement personnel and reports findings.
Minimum Requirements for Entry into Positions:
- A high school diploma and experience performing patrol or investigative duties with a public law enforcement agency. A bachelor's degree may be substituted for the required law enforcement experience.
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position:
- Certification by the Law Enforcement Training Council in accordance with � 23-23-40 of the Code of Laws of South Carolina 1976.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend