Athletics Coach- Head Football Coach
Job no: 492588
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
South Carolina State University located in beautiful Orangeburg, South Carolina is seeking to hire an energetic and motivated individual as our next Head Football Coach to lead our legendary program into the future. The selected candidate is responsible for building and leading our nationally recognized football program which competes in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference back to our standard of dominance. It is critical that the successful candidate establish the program's vision, recruit talented prospective student-athletes who can achieve at the University, develop effective campus and community relationships, implement effective training programs, and foster and sustain a positive team culture that will be a foundation for a successful program for years to come. This is a 12-month, full-time position with full college benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop a long-term vision and strategic plan for the football program.
- Establish program goals, objectives, and expectations aligned with the college's mission.
- Create a football program culture that promotes excellence, integrity, and academic success.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including University administration, alumni, and community.
- Participate in speaking engagements to support fundraising efforts.
- Develop a comprehensive recruiting strategy to attract talented student-athletes.
- Evaluate and scout potential prospects, both locally and nationally.
- Build relationships with high school coaches and prospects (in-state and beyond) to generate interest in the program.
- Coordinate campus visits and manage the recruitment process, working closely with the Admissions and the Athletics Student Services staff.
- Recommend for hiring and managing assistant coaches and support staff.
- Develop practice schedules, game plans, and strategies that prepare student-athletes for the next level.
- Organize and lead effective team practices focusing on skill development, conditioning, and teamwork.
- Foster a supportive, positive team culture that encourages academic success and personal growth.
- Provide individualized coaching and mentoring to players on and off the field.
- Promote sportsmanship, teamwork, discipline, and character development.
- Ensure proper medical treatment of student-athletes, ensuring they comply with medical restrictions per NCAA, campus medical staff, team physicians, and athletic trainers.
- Monitor and support the academic progress of student-athletes, ensuring compliance with University, NCAA, and conference eligibility requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all University, NCAA, and conference rules and regulations.
- Stay updated on changes in rules, recruiting guidelines, and compliance requirements.
- Effectively manage the budget of the program.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with previous coaching experience.
Master's degree, previous coaching experience at the college level with extensive knowledge of football strategy, techniques, and best practices. Preferred candidates with strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate young people.
Candidates with excellent communication, people skills, and recruiting experience with a proven history of attracting talented prospective student-athletes are preferred. Candidates with knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations with a commitment to compliance are preferred.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend