Associate Ad for Compliance and Student Services
Job no: 492578
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
Reporting to the SC State University Director of Athletics, the Associate AD for Compliance and Student Services serves as the campus compliance liaison between the University, MEAC, and NCAA. The Associate AD provides an ongoing rules education program for athletics, staff, student-athletes, boosters, and other specific University personnel (faculty athletics representative (FAR), registrar, admissions, financial aid; institutional research, department chairs, and advisors, etc.) to include updating coaches, department staff, financial aid, registrar and other campus personnel on legislation changes. Meets with each team at the beginning of each semester to discuss the team's results: eligibility, cumulative grade point average, graduating seniors, progress towards degree, freshmen, transfer student-athletes, drug testing, etc. Maintains a compliance rules education calendar and distributes it to University personnel who perform specific functions for athletics. Manages eligibility certification checklists and squad lists per NCAA, MEAC, and University procedures.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review compliance documents to ensure accuracy.
- Reviews and revises compliance manual annually (or more frequently as legislation; and procedures change) and distributes to University personnel who perform specific functions for athletics.
- Meets bi-monthly with the University’s Athletics Committee (to include, but not limited to the FAR, registrar, admissions, financial aid, institutional research, department chairs, and advisors).
- Investigates, prepares, and reports NCAA violations. Manages the National Letter of Intent (NLI) by NCAA and University policies and procedures.
- Complete the initial, continuing, and transfer eligibility certification processes for student-athletes by NCAA regulations.
Manages APR for all sports sponsored by the University.
Tracks Academic Progress Rate (APR) and Federal Graduation Rate (GSR) in conjunction with the FAR and institutional research staff.
Manages University records on NCAA platforms such as Eligibility Center, Compliance Assistant, and other platforms.
Manages and/or reviews student-athlete records on platforms such as Banner, Teamworks, ARMS, Influencer, Opendorse, etc.
Minimum Requirements for Entry into Position:
Bachelor’s Degree; at least 5 years of successful experience working as an NCAA campus compliance officer. Possesses strong analytical and data coordination skills and knowledge; Experience with NCAA compliance software is required. Progressive experience in athletics rules compliance and interpretation is needed. Knowledge of and commitment to strict adherence to NCAA, MEAC, and institutional bylaws; Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and essential working knowledge of various computer systems are required.
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position:
A Master’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience working as a Division I campus compliance officer
Location Job Type Salary Required Education
Orangeburg, SC Full-Time Commensurate w/ Expertise 4 Year Degree
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend