Associate Director of Athletics for External Affairs
Job no: 492534
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
Summary: As a key member of the Director of Athletics' Executive Leadership Team, the Associate AD for External Affairs will assist the department in providing strong vision, leadership, management, coordination, and oversight of athletics external operations.
This position will report to the Director of Athletics.
Responsible for, but not limited, to oversight of athletics revenue generation, marketing, communications, promotions, game day experience, athletics ticket sales, corporate partnerships, licensing, and branding with a focus on Orangeburg and Midlands of South Carolina.
Job Description: Responsibilities in detail:
- Manage and execute corporate partnerships.
- Manage and oversee all sponsorship fulfillment at all events. Put sponsor tickets and benefit packages together and ensure delivery.
- Communicate and meet regularly with current sponsors to gather necessary feedback and build relationships.
- Direct ticket marketing campaigns for women’s and men’s basketball, football and the Spike’s Kids Club, other varsity sports as assigned and special events, including season ticket sales, single game ticket sales, group ticket sales and game promotions.
- Athletics Marketing and Promotions; Game Day Experience
- Create integrated sponsorship proposals and contracts.
- Communicate with the business manager on timely billing of all sponsorships
- Serve as the primary staff liaison with the Membership Development Committee
- Implement all signage and bannering efforts with all corporate sponsors.
- Oversee and coordinate all scoreboard production elements during home soccer, football and other home athletic events
- Coordinate the vision and strategic planning for all external initiatives
- Drive strategy to increase attendance to home athletics contests
- Serves as the primary liaison between South Carolina State University Athletics' multimedia rights holder, guiding partnership strategy and maximizing revenue opportunities for the institution
- Serve as the secondary liaison to The State Club, Inc. (Athletics Director is the primary liaison.)
- Ensure communication between all external units conducting meetings to ensure seamless coordination across all areas
- Work with University Communications and University institutional Advancement to grow community relations and engage with Orangeburg, Midlands of South Carolina, and a national audience.
- Design and implement a strategy to strengthen and grow South Carolina State Athletics' brand in the community, region, and nationwide
- Implement creative and innovative approach to revenue generation in coordination with other areas and key stakeholders on campus
- Associate AD of External Affairs to develop and fund capital projects and expand game day experience for donors and fans alongside the Athletic Director and executive leadership team
- Work collaboratively with the Finance, Facilities and Operations on contractual agreements regarding television, radio, and multi-media right
- Strengthen relationships with South Carolina State alumni, parents, and friends to enhance support for athletics programs
- Represent the athletics department at certain events when the Director of Athletics is unavailable
- Oversee strategy to engage fans and drive excitement during postseason competition
- Create plans to ensure South Carolina State Athletics is prepared to respond in any situation (i.e., capitalizing on big wins, postseason runs, crisis management)
- Comprehensive benefits, including tuition reduction, healthcare, and a contribution to retirement plan
- Professional development opportunities to expand administrative skills and grow career
- University-issued cell phone
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 10 years of experience in successful marketing/fundraising
- Master’s degree
- Successful supervisory experience
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend