Director of University Counseling Center
Job no: 492509
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
South Carolina State University seeks an experienced mental health professional to provide strong, inclusive leadership with an innovative vision for mental and emotional wellbeing for our campus community. The University is accepting applications for a full-time Director of its University Counseling Center, located on the South Carolina State University campus. Applicants should submit a cover letter articulating interest in this position, a resume/CV, and three professional references.
The Director administrates the mental health and wellness services at the Counseling and Self-Development Center (CSDC) and Office of Disability Services (ODS) and ensures programs, activities and services provided by designated staff members of each office foster healthy student development that promotes student success during their matriculation at the University. The Director also provides oversight of disability and mental health services, including the provision of individual therapy, group therapy, crisis intervention, walk-in services, and consultation and educational/preventative outreach programming across the campus community.
This is a full-time, salaried 12-month position. 37.5 hours per week are typical during fall and spring semesters, with greater flexibility of hours during the summer term. Expected workdays are M-F with occasional nights/weekends as needed when responding to on-call or crisis situations. Salary commensurate with experience. This position reports directly to the Dean of Students.
- Master’s degree or higher in a mental health discipline (e.g., counseling, psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, or counseling psychology)
- Must be professionally licensed to practice within the state of South Carolina.
- Terminal degree preferred
- Experience administrating provision of counseling services at the program director position or higher.
- Effective clinical skills and demonstrated experience assessing and intervening with a range of clinical issues and degrees of pathology.
- Well-developed clinical supervision skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong oral, written, and listening communication capabilities.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend