South Carolina State University located in Orangeburg SC is seeking an innovative and energetic individual to join our Athletics Department to serve as the Assistant Director for Athletic Media Relations.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Write and publish weekly press releases, Information guides, and game programs.
· Organize and coordinate event management for assigned sports as well as assist with other SID’s sports when needed.
· Publish and update game results, game stories, statistics, and general information on the web about assigned sports as well as make sure the website is up to date with information about SC State teams, coaches, student-athletes, and other activities in the athletic department
· Coordinate interviews, correspondence, and media relations with media outlets, opponents, and conference office about assigned sports
· Facilitate the gathering, reporting, and archiving of statistics and photos for assigned sports
· Work with operations staff to fulfill home event sponsor and advertiser recognition commitments
· Serve as the primary contact for Women’s Sports (Women’s Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball).
· Travel to away games with assigned teams.
· Serve as the primary contact for Olympic Sports as assigned by the SID.
· Possible oversight of one or more graduate assistant(s) in the athletics media relations office
· Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements for Position:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Ability to multitask, work effectively, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Problem-solving skills involving groups and/or events
· Basic knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues
· Basic knowledge and experience of journalism or media/public relations
· One (1) year of experience in a collegiate athletic media relations office
· One (1) year of experience working in a Division I athletics department
· One (1) year of experience working as the primary contact for multiple sports