Part-Time Test Proctor
Job no: 492584
Work type: Temporary -P13
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
Title: Part-Time Test Proctor
Division: Academic Affairs
Campus Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
The Test Proctor is responsible for proctoring online and paper-based exams in the Assessment Center. The Test Proctor will perform general office duties including the monitoring of exams, signing candidates in/out of exams, and other customer service-related tasks as needed. The position is part-time, requiring between 20-25 hours per week. While the schedule varies from week to week, the primary workdays are Monday - Friday, from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Must not have other activities that would interfere with the work schedule. This is a part-time, P-13 hourly paid position without benefits.
Minimum Requirements for Entry into Position
• Working knowledge of computers, and software (Windows, Excel, and Microsoft Word, Outlook, and client management systems).
• Ability to communicate tactfully with faculty, staff, and students regarding services of the Assessment Center.
• Efficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure with frequent deadlines, making thoughtful decisions with speed and accuracy.
• Skill in working independently, organizing workload, and following through on assignments with limited supervision.
• Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with university departments and professors as needed.
• Ability to deal with distraught students about sensitive issues in a tactful manner.
• Knowledge of FERPA and how it applies to working with student records.
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position
Degree from an accredited 4-year institution preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a part-time, P-13 (grant funded) hourly paid position without benefits.
SC State University is an equal opportunity employer, who provides equal opportunity to all present and future employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend