Statistical Research Analyst I
Job no: 492575
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness is hiring for a Statistical Research Analyst. This position reports to the Director of Institutional Research. The candidate should demonstrate an ability to design, conduct, interpret, translate, and evaluate educational, demographic, and market research. They should have competence in the following: research processes including data collection and analysis, standardized/statistical reporting, statistical methods, familiarity with computer hardware and software commonly used in institutional research, and database development. They should demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work collegially with administration, faculty, and staff. The candidate must be able to work on multiple assignments with short deadlines for project completion.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces annual Fact Book and Fast Facts.
- Manages electronic course evaluation process.
- Assists with research reports and surveys on university statistics for internal and external constituents.
- Assists with the compilation of statistical data and analysis for reporting on the progress of the University’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP).
- Assists IR Director with all appropriate academic and administrative units to compile university statistics and to provide reports based on data requests from these units.
Minimum Requirements for Entry into Position:
A bachelor's degree and professional experience involving the collection, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of quantified data. At least three years of successful experience in institutional research in higher education or a related area.
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position:
A master’s degree and professional experience in creating and using databases via Access, SPSS, Excel, and Word. Three to five years of successful experience in institutional research in higher education or a related area. Ability to work with complex data sets and meet deadlines. Banner and SQL Experience preferred
Location: Orangeburg, SC Job Type: Full-Time Status Salary: Pay Band 5 Required Education: Bachelors
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend