Database Administrator II
Job no: 492402
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
Categories: Information Technology
The University Computing, Technology and Information Systems department here at SC State University is seeking applicants to fill the vacant position of Database Administer II.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The applicate is charged with the duty of supporting and maintaining the Banner Oracle database and performing various updates.
- This is a senior-level role that designs and supports database management systems (DBMS) of medium complexity and assists in designing and supporting DBMS of high complexity.
- Consult with users, other administrative staff, and vendors on the development, modifications, and updating of new and exiting Oracle tables and modifications.
- Perform periodically tuning and performance management tests on the Database. Assist in the development of all in-house applications to ensure that the development process adheres to proper logic in the banner platform.
- Track all changes ( modification, Updates) to the University's Banner Database systems. Providing in writing a monthly report of all work-related activities which fall outside of the routine work assignments.
A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field and experience in systems development and maintenance, technical support, or the support of complex database management systems. Related experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend