Executive Director for the James E. Clyburn University Transportation Center
Job no: 492574
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
The College of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Transportation (STEM-T) is now accepting applications for the Executive Director for The James E. Clyburn University Transportation Center (JECUTC). The James E. Clyburn University Transportation Center Executive Director will oversee the development of the organizational infrastructure (systems, internal and external websites, project management software, etc.) and supervise the personnel necessary to meet all of the University, SC DOT, and US DOT requirements and grant deliverables. This position will handle all administrative requests made by the SCDOT and USDOT to the JECUTC Executive Director. He/she will oversee JECUTC communications and fiscal staff and administrative assistant. In addition, the director will coordinate the work of academic faculty to ensure that each research project has clear objectives, milestones, and deliverables, and stays on track and budget. He/she will ensure that JECUTC research, reports, and public documents are delivered on time and are of the highest quality. The JECUTC director will promote and grow JECUTC activities with external constituents beyond the US DOT, including potential research collaborators, state DOTs, engineering practitioners, and the private sector. The JECUTC director will coordinate and facilitate advancing transportation expertise and technology by JECUTC researchers through research, education workforce development, and technology transfer.
Minimum Requirements for Entry into Position:
- Ph.D. in Engineering or Science, preferably in transportation-related fields, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in transportation education and research or its equivalent in an academic or government setting, including research and fiscal administration, and
- A record of securing external funding from local, state, and federal agencies, industry, national laboratories, and other sources.
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position:
- A record of peer-reviewed scholarship in the transportation field, and
- Five or more years of experience as a director or associate director of a university-based transportation center
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend