Assistant Athletic Trainer
Job no: 492401
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
South Carolina State University Sports Medicine is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Athletic Trainer – The selected candidate's primary sport is Football and reporting to the Director for Sports Medicine. This full-time, 12-month position will be expected to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the development of an overall sports medicine program for the football program to include injury prevention programs, injury management, injury treatment, and rehabilitation and educational programs for football student-athletes.
• Maintain all medical records and injury reports on student-athletes.
• Provide athletic training services for the University’s athletic department, with the primary responsibility of Football and other sports assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine.
• Work with physicians and other allied health professionals to deliver care to student-athletes
• Assist with the overall administration of the Sports Medicine Department
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in athletic training, (Master's Preferred)
• BOC certification
• Current SC Athletic Trainer Certification or eligibility
• 1-2 years of experience providing athletic training services for an NCAA athletic team in a comprehensive sports medicine environment is preferred but not required
• Must be able to travel, work weekends, and in all types of weather
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position:
• Master’s degree
• 1-2+ years of experience on the NCAA Division 1 level and or internship with an NFL team.
• Advanced certifications (Graston, FMS, Active Release, etc.)
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Craig Harward, MAT, SCAT, ATC at email@example.com.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend