Fiscal Technician I
Job no: 492547
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
Fiscal Technician I (Accounts Payable Clerk)
South Carolina State University is seeking to hire an experienced and talented Accounts Payable Clerk. This position requires strong communication, and problem-solving skills, and performs varied clerical accounting duties. The successful candidate must efficiently allocate available resources to fulfill the obligation of the department to provide superior customer service to students, parents, vendors, University employees, and other stakeholders.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
Process invoices and clarify any questionable invoice items, prices, or receiving signatures. Protect against unintentional overpayment. Verify invoices against purchase orders and ensure goods or services were received.
- Provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization.
- Analyze vendor statements for accuracy, resolve discrepancies promptly, and ensure the proper posting of all invoices and vendor payments.
- Obtain accurate information and data regarding invoice payments.
- Ability to research, investigate, analyze, reconcile, and evaluate data.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply complex state and university policies and procedures.
Minimum Requirements for Entry into Position:
- A high school diploma.
- 3 plus years of accounts payable experience
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to provide customer service courteously and work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Strong initiative with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrated initiative to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment
Fed Category: E5 Band: 03 Salary: Min $23,885 Mid: $34,042 Max: $44,199
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend