Assistant Professor of Music Education Choral Music or Voice ~ Tenure Track
Job no: 492413
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
The Department of Visual and Performing Arts seeks an Assistant Professor of Music Education The selected candidate should be a dynamic teacher with the ability to inspire and train students who have chosen music teaching as a career. This position requires teaching courses in music education and serving as a piano collaborator accompanist.
- Demonstrated experience in the K-12 setting
- Experience in teaching at the higher education level
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach secondary choral and general music methods and materials,
• Supervise choral/voice majors and choral/piano majors
• Serve as piano collaborator for the music unit to include faculty and student recitals, choir accompanist, accompanist for instrumental and vocal juries
• Teach courses face-to-face on campus
• Provide service to middle and high school music educators in the region through scholarly/creative projects and outreach.
• Serve as advisor to student clubs and organizations for those entering the music education profession. Assist in the research and creative activity by preparing students to enter competitions, write papers, and do other relevant creative activities.
• Recruit for the Music Unit
• Collaborate among arts disciplines and non-arts disciplines
Master’s Degree in Choral Conducting or Music Education with an Emphasis in Voice
Ph.D. in Music Education (with a major in Choral Music) or DMA in Choral Conducting
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend