Student Service Program Coordinator I
Job no: 492568
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
The Department of Student Success Retention here at SC State University is hiring for a Student Services Program Coordinator. The chosen individual will work under the supervision of the Student Success Retention and TRIO Programs Director and Retention Manager, The Student Success and Retention Program (SSRP)-Student Services Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting with counseling and mentoring at-risk students, registering incoming freshmen, responding to Beacon Alerts, collaborating with departments regarding SSRP’s upcoming initiatives and events, sending emails to students and conducting wellness calls to all current students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and collect data for the Beacon Alerts
- Manage tutoring sessions and Smarthinking online tutoring tool.
- Registers Incoming Freshmen
- Responds to Beacon Alerts
- Teach University 101
- Manages Study Hall
- Assists with Mentoring Program
- Helps with New Student Orientation
- Assists with Fall Convocation
- Helps with Learning to Learn, Scholarship, and Other Workshops
- Creates, disseminates, and collects student surveys to provide feedback on the program and students' needs.
- Completes duties and responsibilities in compliance with college standards, policies, guidelines, and assignments by the SSRP Director of Retention
Master’s Degree in counseling or related field with a minimum of two (2) years in the higher education environment and working in student services
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position:
Working with college-age students; possess advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, Blackboard, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Banner, knowledge of the university’s undergraduate catalog, and excellent communication skills (oral and written).
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend