Coordinator for Veteran Services & Dual Enrollment
Job no: 492565
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
The University seeks a Coordinator for Veteran Services and Dual Enrollment in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment to coordinate the Veterans Administration educational benefits programs and perform various support functions. This position will also oversee the administrative functions and activities related to the dual enrollment program at local high school campuses. Plans and implements dual-enrollment procedures to streamline processes. Interacts with school site administrators, personnel from multiple school districts, County Office of Education staff, and other partners. Hires, trains, and evaluates assigned staff. This position reports to the Director of Outreach and School Relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen and certify veterans and veterans’ dependents who apply for Veterans Administration educational benefits.
- Arrange for advance payment for veterans and veterans’ dependents.
- Notify the State Approving Agency of changes in course offerings, curricula requirements, term beginning and ending dates, and other pertinent information.
- Maintain, for students receiving VA benefits, accurate certification files which include the following: a record of the number of hours in which a student is enrolled; record of courses in which a student is enrolled; record, of course, withdrawals of complete withdrawals; record of degree requirements and objectives and any changes in those degree requirements and objectives, and record of dependency status.
- Obtain information on prior credits earned and report prior credits to the appropriate VA regional office.
- Ensure that the office operates within required guidelines by participating in annual compliance surveys conducted by the State Approving Agency and the VARO in Montgomery.
- Provide students with information about monthly allowance, course and degree requirements, and general college policies and procedures.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise veterans’ work-study students.
- Provide proper documentation for student accounts and financial aid for students to receive awards.
- Attend VA training sessions as required.
- Inform students about financial aid and veteran programs.
- Perform data entry on the mainframe computer system to make all financial awards
- Supports the University’s overall enrollment goals by implementing strategies that meet the needs of high school administrators and comply with the College’s internal policies and administrative procedures to fulfill objectives, meet timelines, and complete outreach plans for targeted schools and student populations.
- Ensures that agreements (i.e., MOUs) with partnering schools and districts are by University policies and applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Reviews contracts and other legal documents to ensure that all contractual requirements are being fulfilled. Brings non-compliant or potentially non-compliant issues to the supervisor’s immediate attention.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two (2) years of related work experience in student services, outreach, recruitment, or school relations activities.
- Must possess the ability to travel to remote locations and to load and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment. Some evening and weekend hours are required, especially during the travel season.
- Strong cross-cultural interpersonal and writing skills are necessary, including public speaking skills and the ability to present the University in a positive way to diverse populations. ability to represent the admissions profession positively through a strong, student-centered ethic.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend