Athletic Coach- Assistant Track Coach
Job no: 492508
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
South Carolina State University's Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking to hire an Assistant Cross Country/Track & Field Coach. The assistant coach will report directly to the head track coach and is directly responsible for the following duties.
Description of Duties:
- Direct support of the vision, goals and strategies of head coach.
- Serves as a teacher in practice and competition with respect to individual and team skill development for the track program in event areas as directed by head coach.
- Is certified to recruit high caliber student-athletes to attend and compete for the University.
- Supervises practice, skill sessions, study hall and team travel under supervision of head coach.
- Serves as a mentor and positive influence on the student-athletes in the track program.
- Coordinates administrative responsibilities as delegated by head track coach.
- Travels representing the university at various functions as directed by head coach.
- Any other program relevant duties as assigned by the head coach.
A bachelor’s degree is required.
USATF Level I certification or USTFCCCA certification is preferred. Employee must gain possession of a valid South Carolina driver’s license, current certification annually for NCAA recruiting and rules implementation and pass routine and random drug screening and as mandated by the department of athletics.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend