Law Enforcement Officer I
Job no: 492469
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
SC State University’s Campus Police Department located in Orangeburg, SC is currently hiring for a
Law Enforcement Officer I.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute sound judgment in the proper application and interpretation of laws and regulations.
- Apply appropriate state laws and regulations which will achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Conducts investigations of incidents, complaints, and disturbances occurring in their assigned areas; initiates appropriate report(s).
- Enforces parking and traffic laws and regulations and issues tickets to violators when appropriate; investigates traffic accidents and prepares reports; directs traffic.
- Ensure that all tickets are written completely and accurately, and accident investigations and reports are complete and accurate.
- Protects the scene of a crime until investigations arrive; collects and preserves the evidence in connection with a crime for court.
- Follow standard protocol; be prepared to testify in court by having all pertinent documentation; dress professionally (coat & tie or uniform).
- Establishes and maintains a positive liaison and work relationship with other law enforcement agencies. No more than one negative report from another law enforcement agency.
- Interacts with the student body and staff professionally. Creates an environment of respect and compliance. Develops and maintains professional working relationships with co-workers and peers. Accept constructive correction with an attitude of improvement.
- Performs related duties as required. Perform other related duties in a timely and efficient manner.
Minimum Requirements for Entry into Position:
High school diploma. Must be 21 years of age; Must be physically qualified and have no criminal record; Must pass a background investigation; Must have a valid driver’s license; Must complete South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy Certification program within (1) one year of employment.
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position:
Certified Class I Law Enforcement Officer by the SC Criminal Justice Academy
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend