Director of Accounts Payable Manager (Fiscal Manager I)
Job no: 492466
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Administration – Orangeburg, SC
South Carolina State University is seeking to hire an experienced and talented Accounts Payable Director. The Accounts Payable Director is responsible for driving key accounts payable processes by working across various internal and external teams and functions. Payments must be made timely, accurately and within the state and university regulations. This position requires high-level accounting operations, such as analysis, monitoring, and reporting of key metrics. This position also requires strong communication, analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills. The incumbent must be an advanced computer (PC) user, able to process information in advanced general ledger systems (preferably Banner), and proficient in the use of Excel.
The successful candidate must efficiently allocate available resources to fulfill the obligation of the department to provide superior customer service to students, parents, vendors, University employees, and other stakeholders.
Essential Job Duties:
• Direct, supervise, and mentor employees to develop and maintain a high-performance culture that values accountability, leadership, sound planning, service, and excellent execution. Set and evaluate goals for team member performance and actively develop team members.
• Lead and participate in strategic planning, departmental goal setting and evaluation, and continuous process and service improvement.
• Using excellent judgment, create systems, structures, and processes to prioritize requests, activities, and workflows in a customer-friendly manner.
• Present a consistent voice for the department and foster mutual respect and understanding among internal and external stakeholders in a manner that improves support services.
• Oversee preparation of and/or review reports in support of departmental operations, internal and external audits.
• Analyze vendor statements for accuracy, to resolve discrepancies in a timely manner and ensure the proper posting of all invoices and vendor payments to the general ledger.
• Coordinate the accurate and timely preparation and completion of 1099 reporting to vendors and the IRS.
• Educate University faculty and staff regarding Accounts Payable and Travel policies and procedures.
• Facilitate the use of data to inform decision-making and planning.
• Partner with the finance team to ensure the timely completion of monthly and year-end close processes.
• Perform high level accounting duties and assists with other assignments as directed by the Controller.
Minimum Requirements for Entry into Position:
Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or a related field or ten years of accounts payable experience with at least three years of experience as an Accounts Payable Director.
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position:
Three to seven years of supervisory experience in higher education accounts payable.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend